Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shogun 2 - Oh now I see

So tired, so very tired... I have one fatal weakness with my gaming, I just don't know when to turn it off, and last night with Shogun I kept doing the, "One more turn" thing. By the time I got to bed I couldn't sleep, so ugh...

I figured out how to play the game a little bit, now I get what trade ships do, and why I wasn't making any money before, ah big difference, especially when my area is surrounded by trade opportunities. So that really helped get the infrastructure going so that I could support my army and build some more improvements. I also took one of my boats and just went exploring to see the other clans, I couldn't really trade with any of them, but at least I know where they are. Interestingly it seems like they are all coalescing into major states, not too much of a surprise but I have a feeling this will get interesting before the end, it's March Madness Japan style.

One of the first things that happened when I got on last night is that I was attacked by a rival clan to try and take my new trading province. I was actually out manned (a little wake up call there) but because I held the castle and a whole bunch of archers I was able to rout them, even killing their commander (not sure if it was the Dyamano). Afterwards not really in the position to wage a war myself I offered him up piece for some money (which I really needed at the time), I should have crushed them, but I had no idea what was going on.

Set up an alliance with the state next to my home, as they have a lot of troops and would be a good ally if someone came after me. And since the guy that attacked me has problems keeping his population in line revolts opened up the door for me to take one of his states, I'll have to keep an eye out for that because that's essentially free territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment