Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Minecraft - Mr. Black and the rules pt 2

The rule set that I'm using is an evolving process and I was wondering what I would do once I ran out of colors, long drives make for good times to come up with solutions.





I'm going to go with the characters of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple and Black as my lives in MC. There was some thought about using pink, while, grey, and brown, or whatever colors, but to keep it simple I'll just stick to the color wheel. Mr. Black however is a different animal than the others, his job is essentially to simulate time in my world. After all of the other colors have been killed off, Black will appear and go about finding the bases of the other colors and essentially blow them up. Yep I'm going to greif my own world.





Each color over time is going to find sulfur, but probably not enough to really do anything cool with it, I mean sure TNT is fun, but it's not always that practical. But it is practical if you just want to blow things up. So Black will take whatever sulfur that he finds in the various castles and whatever he farms up himself and then go about blowing up the color castles to leave them as ruins around the map. I'm not quite sure what I'll do about the loot in the chests, but I'm thinking that I'll just leave it in the chests that remain, as treasure to be sought after. Another thought is that Black gets killed in the blast, so I don't even see the distruction that I leave behind, making finding the ruins in the future that much more interesting.





Once Mr. Black dies then Red will make his return, but in a very distant location and thus the game will then repeat the way it is right now. Each color gets one life and once they are dead Black will come again and destroy what they have built. With a never ending map, I like the idea that I could be playing and randomly discover an ancient civilizations remains at somepoint, since my start locations are mostly going to be random it will be a surprise to find them.





I think that I finally figured out how to play my RPG game that I wanted from day one (go back and read my first post about MC) I'm curious to see how this all plays out, should take quite a while when I think about it. The world is going to be a huge file, it's already 25 megs.

No comments:

Post a Comment