Sunday, January 9, 2011

Minecraft - Drusszan's Greenhouse



What did you do this weekend? Oh we went out to a bar, saw a movie, did this, did that. How about you? I dug a big ass hole. You'd think that I'd have something more interesting to talk about after a whole weekend, alas nope I dug a big hole for the second arm of my subway system. Ok well I guess it is pretty cool to be able to make it from Drus's mountain palace to the lighthouse in 2 minutes (about 500 blocks away) so yeah I dug a hole, but it had a purpose. I should get some pics of it, but you know what it's a minecart track and there really isn't too much awesome in the means of looking at it.
"Unfortunately no one can be told what the subway system is, you have to see it for yourself." - paraphrase Matrix
Hey good time for Fraps Ick ole buddy. Shut up inter logic!
I did actually finish out the cave from earlier, there was nothing too crazy down there, the normal mix of a couple mobs but nothing serious or interesting took place down there. That is if you don't count the 6 diamonds that were down there. Sure you can go strip mining for diamonds but seriously that reminds me too much of grinding in WoW so I'm not going to do it, I'd rather go adventuring for mine. Well there was one funny thing that happened in the cave...
Drus came out to see this huge cave that I kept going on about, sadly he learned the first rule of minecraft, don't die straight down. There was some coal that I left laying around, and naturally it was right on top of lava, so old Drus got sizzled for his troubles. And speaking of lava, the next thing that I'm going to do is go dig out some obsidian, there will be a black castle with lava pouring from it's walls soon, I just need to go find the place for it.
In looking for a place to put the castle of evil, I trekked out to the East looking for location, clay, and cactus, struck out on all three, but made a little outpost in the middle of nowhere out there. It's just a hut for exploration, nothing special.
So yeah a whole bunch of not much this weekend, but some stuff if you consider the minecart cool, hell it's practical so that is awesome in my book.
The pictures at the top are from Drus's greenhouse, and that seriously is a crapload of glass that he used.
My to do list:
1) Mine obsidian - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
2) Find location for evil castle and start work
3) Going to be some adventuring, I'm out of iron so it's only a matter of time before I'll need more, esp if I make a third route to my new castle
4) Roam the world making little outposts in the middle of nowhere. - That sounds like fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment