Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Minecraft - I hate you Beta


Well it was a terrible night for Minecraft. Couldn't log in, couldn't relog if something was messed up and then worst of all, chunk errors. As you can see from the picture, half of my lighthouse was removed from the game, including two very full chests of items.
This is where it gets painful and you have to make the decision are you going to deal with this or walk away. After some contemplation I decided that I'd get back on at least to see if the error was a permanent error and turns out that yes it was, oh joy... But I decided that I wasn't going to let it get me down, it is Beta afterall and I guess stuff like this is going to happen. It's not much of a consolation when it does happen, but that is life.
So I set to work making repairs to what was destroyed. It looks like I took off a row of blocks in the width of my lighthouse, but I'll live. I lost the cactus farm, but at least I still had my chest of cactus. I lost several minecarts and part of the track that I had been working on, so a whole lot of iron, but I was able to make repairs and actually finish the rail line over the bridge, and it's pretty awesome, works both directions.
The items aren't that big of a deal either since we can just edit them back in to ourselves, which Drus is going to need to do. He also lost part of his pyramid, I can only imagine that he's going to be pissed. Hopefully Crash didn't lose anything. I think that I'll start making a daily backup of the server as well, just incase stuff like that happens.
As for me, I guess I'll just roll with the punches on this one. You know I lost like 9 stacks of torches and several stacks of coal, but I'll just pretend it was an earthquake and move on. I mean it sucks but what am I going to do stop playing Minecraft, please....

No comments:

Post a Comment