Saturday, December 4, 2010

Minecraft - Castle Construction




Last night I spent a good deal of time trying to make my castle as cool as can be, but I seemed to keep running into snags, namely the moat. I just can't seem to figure out a good way to make the moat so that it's not more dangerous to me than the mobs. I even considered taking it out altogether, but it just looks so cool that I can't bring myself to doing it. I'll just keep working with it, might go look for some cacti to turn the moat into a mob grinder. I don't really care about the drops, I just want a little peace, might just make another outer wall, that would be one big ass wall.




The tower in the picture is really really high up there and it was pretty nerve racking to build it, one slip and it's back to the start. All the work that I'm putting into the castle has made me wonder if I'll have the stones to stick with my plan and run off in another direction if I die. I guess at the end of the day I could always come back at a later date and finish it if I die, but it's interesting knowing that I could lose it all really quick.




Which brings up an interesting point about playing hardcore, I'm afraid to go exploring in the dungeons. I like the added sense of risk because it's thrilling, but knowing that I don't have to put myself in those situations kind of keeps me from doing it. Oh sure I could go look for diamonds, but I really don't need them when you get down to it. We'll have to see how this plays out, as of now I'll still go with my plan, I think in the long run I'll thank myself for it. The one thing that kills me is that I want to look up my map with the cartographer, but I'm afraid that would give away where I'm living, and make it too easy to cheat in the future.




Anyway enjoy the pics

No comments:

Post a Comment