Monday, December 13, 2010

Minecraft - To server or sever, that is the question

Didn't get to do much this weekend with my mom in town, but the little bit that I did get wasn't the best. The latency issues that I'm having trying to log onto our server have been death. I'm thinking that I might just go back to playing the single player game for a bit until the network issues get patched a little bit. I don't want to, but it is seriously affecting my enjoyment.

I talked to Crash and he suggested a couple things about getting my server up and going, so I'm going to try that tonight as well, if I can get my own server going that would be good and if nothing else we can test the latency and see if it's the game or the computer that Crash is running it off of. I have a feeling it's the game itself, but it can't hurt to try, who knows.

I also made a last push on the guys about buying the game before it leaves Alpha, don't think that they will, but I wanted to give it a shot. Once the bugs get worked out I could see this being a whole bunch of fun with the couple of us running around building stuff. Ah dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment