Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Minecraft - Frap! I need to get to sleep

Minecraft, I hate you. You keep me up far too late at night as I work out the finer touches on what I'm hoping will be my own personal masterpiece. I hate that you force me to make it perfect, knowing that I will be my only critic, damn you.

Truth be told, I can't hate MC, it's myself that I wish I had more restraint, but alas, there is always just one more thing that I need to do in the damn game, and really I love every second of it. So last night I kept up work on my moat/deathtrap, and I actually kind of got it to work, it's not perfect and it surely isn't automated, but it will kill a mob or two that decide to go for a swim in an effort to breach my walls. But considering that it isn't perfect I have to decide if I'm going to try and prefect the system on the other walls or just give up on the plan altogether. I'm thinking that I'm going to just move on and let it be for now, I've spent the last week building the castle and while I'm happy with the way it came out, it could have been better. Also I want to do a little more exploration underground and see what I can find, but for those trips I'm going to arm my ass up, I'm scared to risk it all down there, but at the same time, I've been a little too much of a wuss and I need to mix it up a little bit.

So I think what I'll do is flush out the remaining area in the Ick cave, torch it up so that it's safe and then get to the digging. I'm not sure how big the system there is, but I have a feeling that it's pretty large. I'll make a set of steel armor and a steel sword or two, along with a pile of arrows and torches. The first trip will be to clear it of as much danger as I can, after that I'll go back and mine it. Ok sounds like a plan, would be fun to watch...

Speaking of watching, I tried to get the fraps going, but wasn't able to upload it to here. I guess that I could put it up on youtube, just as a test. I'm not really planning on doing a Let's Play series, but I think it might be kind of fun too, so I'm exploring the possibility, I'll need to get a mic though, yet again. If nothing else it would be fun to be able to show off my stuff to at least my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment